The sale of a home, whether you’re the buyer or seller, is an incredibly complicated process. When you go through a closing for a home, you’ll immediately notice the extensive amount of paperwork that needs to be filled out and finalized.
If you were to attempt this on your own, you may easily make a mistake that is going to be a problem later on. These problems could affect your tax return at the end of the year, how much tax you’re paying or generally the sale of the home that makes it difficult to receive the paperwork that you need.
An experienced Illinois real estate attorney will review and inspect every important document for any mistakes made regarding the documents such as:
- Your broker’s listing agreement
- The specific terms of the sales contract
- Income and property tax consequences
- Subdivision covenants, conditions and restrictions
- Liens and other defects of title
- Insurance requirements
- Mortgage terms and lender’s requirements
- Federal and local statutes regarding disclosures required for real estate and lending transactions.
They will also answer any questions you may have concerning the sale or purchase of a home.
Many people are novices when it comes to real estate and they may easily make mistakes if they don’t really know what they’re doing when buying or selling. An Illinois Real Estate attorney can answer your questions and assist you through the process of home buying or selling so that it can get done quickly and effortlessly.